We're here for you! If you have any difficulty setting up your ModFi-7 we're happy to help. Click the chat button in the bottom right corner to speak with us.
Part 1 - Attach the Stand
Place your ModFi-7 on a soft surface upside down (fabric speaker grill facing up).
Insert the stainless steel stand into the stand brackets.
Use the included tool to screw the screws into each stand bracket to lock the stand in place.
Place the ModFi-7 right side up on its stand.
Plug the ModFi-7 into the wall using the included power cord.
Part 2 - Connect to Wi-Fi
1. Ensure the speaker is in setup mode by confirming the LED is flashing white. If not, hold the reset button for 5 seconds until the LED is solid yellow. The ModFi-7 will restart and the LED will flash white.
2. Make sure your Android device's Wi-Fi is turned on and connected to your Wi-Fi network.
3. If you do not have it already, download the Google Home app from the Play Store on your Android device:
4. Open the Google Home app. If this is your first time using the app you'll be prompted to choose a Google account. If you don't have one, you can create one here first and return to this step.
5. When you see the main screen (below), tap "+".
6. Tap "Set up device"
7. Tap "Set up new devices in your home"
8. Choose a home: You must add the ModFi-7 to a home. If you have not created one yet, tap "Add another home" and give the home a name and address. If you have already created one, select it from the list shown. Tap "Next".
9. Looking for devices: The Google Home app will search for your new ModFi-7. When it discovers it tap "Yes" to set up the speaker. Is your speaker not being discovered? Visit the troubleshooting section below.
10. Did you hear the sound?: The speaker will play a sound to confirm you are connected to the speaker you want to set up. Note: This feature is currently disabled and will be added shortly. Please tap "Yes" to continue even if you don't hear the sound. Your speaker will still connect and work normally.
11. Help improve Chromecast built-in speaker: Choose "No thanks" or "Yes, I'm in" based on your preferences.
12. Where is this device?: Choose a room to add your ModFi-7 speaker to. If you don't see the room you want in the list, scroll to the bottom and tap "Add a custom room...". Tap "Next".
13. Connect to Wi-Fi: Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list and tap "Next". You may be prompted to enter the password for your Wi-Fi network if it's not saved in your device.
14. Connecting to Wi-Fi: Your Android device will connect to the speaker and then connect the speaker to Wi-Fi. You may see the Wi-Fi on your device connect and disconnect several times. This is normal.
15. Linking your Chromecast built-in speaker: Choose "Not now" or Next according to your preferences.
16. Before using your Google Assistant: Please review the items on this page and tap "Next" if you'd like to proceed.
17. Link radio services: If you are a SiriusXM subscriber you may wish to review the items on this page. Otherwise, tap "Not now"
18. All done!: A summary of your setup is shown. Tap "Continue"
19. Speaker is ready: Your speaker is now ready to use. You can tap the Cast button in your favorite music app to listen to music on your ModFi-7. As a Spotify Premium subscriber you can also listen to music via Spotify Connect.
Did you encounter a problem while setting up your ModFi-7? Feel free to contact us or try some of these troubleshooting steps:
Make sure your phone or tablet's Wi-Fi is turned on and connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Make sure your new ModFi-7 is plugged in and the LED is flashing white (setup mode). If not, hold the reset button for 5 seconds until the LED is solid yellow. The ModFi-7 will restart and the LED will flash white to indicate your speaker is in setup mode. To see what this looks like you can watch this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xqQOiGKsBQ
Your Wi-Fi network may need to be configured to properly work with Google Chromecast built-in. Please visit this Google Support article for more details.